Separating? Live in Ferndale? Need A Quality Family Lawyer?
If you are based in Ferndale or Perth WA, and are going through a relationship breakdown? Read on
You’ll get supportive advice, a clear path to follow, and decisive action-oriented legal assistance
By getting in touch with our Perth Family Lawyers at West Family Lawyers, you’ll work with a lawyer whose expertise will enable you to deal with the process of family law matters such as parenting, consent orders and financial separation.
Let’s face it… separation from a long-term relationship is messy, difficult, and an emotional roller coaster.
Have you felt…
- And hope for a new beginning
Our professional lawyers at West Family Lawyers will provide you with empathy and discretion to work towards a positive outcome. The team can provide you with calming support and confidence building information as we navigate together through the decisions and processes you need to complete.
Book an Appointment
With years of experience in helping individuals separate, no matter your background we have the expertise to help.
If we haven’t seen it directly before, we know of it and what to do.
West Family Lawyers will help you understand, plan and action what you need to do in terms of
- Organising Your Children’s Living Arrangements
- Separation of Property and Financial Entanglement
- Future financial arrangements and agreements on parenting.
Care, Integrity & Strength – Perth family lawyers that care
We perform the important role of supporting you through each step in the separation process. This includes, financial separation, assets, children’s time with each parent, consent orders, parenting agreements and more. We are experts in complex family law issues.
Helping you resolve issues as painlessly as possible is West Family Lawyers focus.
Our expert legal advice can provide you comfort in difficult situations.
We work to provide you relief and hope for the future.
Our Perth family lawyers will advise you of things like your rights after divorce, custody issues including shared parental responsibility which means you as parents will be negotiating major decisions for your children.
Our legal team also advises on parenting plans, time frames for child handover arrangements from one parent to another and many other aspects related to your divorce situation.
We are professionals who know how to advocate for you in court or negotiate settlements.
Our goal is for the best possible outcome for your children, you and your family.
During these trying times, West Family Lawyers will help you resolve the conflicts and help navigate a divorce, remarriage, child custody issues or relationships assets that must be divided.
No Fault Divorce – How Is This Applied?
“No-Fault-Divorce” means you do not need a justifiable cause in order to apply for divorce.
You only require to have been separated for 1 year.
The marriage ceremony does not have to have been performed in Australia to get divorced in Australia.
A divorce may be applied for in Australia from a foreign country, as long as the foreign marriage is recognised in that country.
A divorce order merely terminates your marital status. It is separate from and does not affect the process of financial settlements or parenting arrangements.
In an application for divorce, the Court will only consider if the marital relationship has irrevocably broken down.
Before, or after filing for a divorce (time limits apply), either party may make an application to the Family Court of Western Australia for the division of property and spousal maintenance. There is no minimum waiting period. West Family Lawyers can assist in this process to calculate what’s fair and appropriate and assist with these submissions.
The process of applying for a divorce does not need to be complicated. West Family lawyers Perth will help you to understand your rights and the process to ensure that the application is done correctly.
- A divorce can be filed individually (called a sole application) or together with the former partner (joint application)
- A divorce application is generally made online through the ECourts portal
- The applicant will have to pay the appropriate filing fee to apply for the divorce
- In the case of a solo application, your application must be served (given) to the other after filing it with the Court. This communication is essential as the court will not grant a divorce unless you can prove you have served these documents.
- If you are unable to serve or locate your former partner, please do not hesitate to contact our team of experienced Family Lawyers so that we can assist you.
Child Custody Laws Perth: How Do We Make Decisions About Our Children?
The Family Court decides a child’s care arrangements if the separating parents cannot come to an agreement. It is often better to reach an agreement than litigate, but sometimes there is no option but to seek the assistance of the Court.
It is important the the court is made aware of any factors that may impact your child in a parents care. One of the critical aspects to a child’s wellbeing is the home life of the child.
As experienced child custody lawyers in Perth, we can help comprehensively present your case and help ensure that your child is in the best possible care arrangement.
Following separation, it is important that appropriate arrangements are put in place for your children, including:
- Who the children live with
- Who the children spend time with, and for how long
- Travel arrangements, including interstate and overseas travel
- The primary and high schools that the children will attend
- Arrangements for special occasions such as Christmas, Easter, and birthdays
- Specific issues, such as medical treatment
The legal documents that out line the arrangements for children include Court orders and Parenting Plans. These agreements can be either by consent or following litigation. In our Family Lawyers Perth office, we assist you with arrangements for the children as per your individual requirements from an experienced team of Family Lawyers.
Perth Family Law: Do I Qualify For, or Will I Need to Pay Spousal Maintenance?
When a marriage or de facto relationship comes to an end, in some circumstances, one party may be eligible for spousal maintenance from the other party.
So, what is spousal maintenance? It is generally financial support (either cash or in-kind, or both) that one person pays the other to help them after separation.
For example, you may be eligible for spousal maintenance if:
- You have little or no income of your own
- You are unable to support yourself financially due to a physical or mental condition
- You need further education or training in order to find employment.
Alternatively, if the above conditions describe your ex-partners situation, you may need to pay spousal maintenance for a time, depending on your own finances.
Our aim is to help you understand family law and how it will apply to your personal situation.
We will strive to deliver the best possible outcome for you and your family. Our Perth Family Lawyers Mark Cheveralls, Melissa Milne and Natalie Dimmock, plus their support team, is committed to providing you with the legal advice and representation necessary to protect your best interests.
We provide a range of Family Law services for Singles, Couples, and Families in Perth – giving our clients peace of mind knowing we have them covered.
Why use West Family Lawyers?
- We can help you achieve the best possible outcome. We provide expert Family Law advice and excel in Family Court disputes. Our Family Lawyers Perth team understands how emotional this time is for you, ensuring that we put you and your family’s needs first.
- Our Family Lawyers Perth team is committed to helping you resolve Family Law disputes as quickly and cost-efficiently as possible. We combine our Family Lawyers Perth expertise with the best legal resources, technology, and Family Law knowledge to deliver exceptional service at a competitive price.
- We genuinely care about the work we do and will always go above and beyond to help you reach a fair resolution. Our lawyers will make every effort to resolve your matter as efficiently as possible to ensure we can keep costs to a minimum. We pride ourselves on practicing family law with a high level of integrity and will demonstrate strength if we need to represent you in WA’s Family Court.
Family Law disputes can be emotive and distressing. Our Perth Family Lawyers strive to understand your specific circumstances, so we can provide the right advice and guidance and reduce the stress and emotion.
To find out more about how we can help you deal with your Family Law requirements, contact West Family Lawyers and speak to us today!
West Family Lawyers – Perth.
Call for assistance with Family Law Advice, Separation Advice, Child Support Agreements or Divorce paperwork in Perth.
Contact our Family Lawyers Perth team today on +61 8 9380 9111 or email email@example.com for more information.